Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do!
We take our sustainability seriously, which is why we primarily use glass and aluminum for packaging. But in the world today - especially as a small, independent brand - it is impossible to avoid plastic, which is why we are so thrilled to be a part of Pact Collective.
Introducing the Pact Collective Packaging Mail Back Program
The beauty industry is notorious for producing A TON of packaging waste. Despite our best recycling efforts, most packaging ends up in a landfill or in the ocean because they are too small for Material Recovery Facilities to catch or are made of mixed materials and are impossible to recycle. The Pact Collective is on a mission to change that.
Now, our customers can mail 5-10 pieces of clean, empty beauty packaging to Pact’s recycling facility - ours or even another brand's! This is what is acceptable:
- Plastic jars/pots, tubes, sticks, and small (e.g. travel size) bottles
- Colored glass bottles and jars
- Metal packages
- Lipstick and lip gloss tubes and applicators
- Mascara tubes and wands
- Plastic pencil components (e.g. for eye/lip liner, brow pencils)
- Makeup compacts (with nothing left in the pan)
- Plastic caps
- Ceramic containers
- Lotion pumps, treatment pumps, all dispensers
How to Participate:
1. Thoroughly wash and dry each component of your packaging. Too much residue might send the packaging to the landfill, defeating the entire purpose. Then separate and sort according to the guidelines below. Note that our cartons and shipping materials can be recycled curbside.
2. If you live near a Credo store, you can drop off your empties at the location. Otherwise, visit our Pact page to create a shipping label. Place 5-10 empty beauty packages into a box or envelope (may we suggest reusing one you already have?).
3. We'll send you a code for a 20% discount off your next order as a thank you for helping us do our part!
If you have any questions about the program, please email use at email@example.com!