Camp Adirondack Candle
See it in Forbes!
Like the crackle of a campfire or the wail of a loon on a northern lake, our understated candle helps you relax and feel at peace. Includes notes of Sandalwood, which has been used ceremoniously for centuries, and Oakmoss for a touch of luxury.
Fun Fact: the Adirondack Park (commonly referred to as "the Adirondacks") is a 9,400-square mile state park in Upstate New York. As the largest protected area in the lower 48 states, it is:
- larger than Yosemite, Yellowstone and Grand Canyon Parks combined
- could hold six million football fields
- would fall between New Hampshire and Vermont as the 45th largest state
- smells great
Our candles are designed to be subtle and not overpower or overwhelm you. They offer a 55-hour burn time, are hand-poured by refugee women in Western Massachusetts and are made from a soy-coconut wax blend.
Size: 8.3 oz / 235g
Our packaging is not only chic but consciously produced:
• The cartons are produced locally by Diamond Packaging, a woman-owned company, in a wind-powered, zero-waste-certified facility. The paper used is 100% PCW, FSC-certified and produced with 100% green energy.
• The labels are made with FSC-certified, acid-free paper.
• We use a soy-coconut wax blend. Candles are traditionally made of paraffin, which is actually a fossil fuel derivative.
We think that our vessels are so chic that you'll want to reuse them again and again. To do so, we recommend the following technique:
- Remove the remaining wax and wick; a spoon is helpful here.
- Fill with boiling water into the glass to melt remnants and let cool so that you do not burn yourself.
- Freeze the glass with the water. Remove from freezer and thaw slightly so that you can remove the ice. Rinse the glass, and then wash again with soap and water or put in the dishwasher.
- Pour yourself a bourbon (or beverage of choice) and relax because you earned it.
- Can also be used to store loose change or start tomato seeds.