At our core, Gentleman Farmer is a family company trying to do some good. We strive to make products that are healthier for humans and for the Planet. We are committed to sustainable practices, including:
- We choose easily recyclable materials like aluminum and glass. Even our labels are made from sand, not the typical petroleum-derived plastic.
- We use clean, non-toxic ingredients that are responsibly sourced.
- We offset our carbon through our partnership with CarbonFund.org.
- We are certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
- We choose to work with small or local businesses who share our values. For example, check out this video about our candle makers here.
- Even our commitment to a streamlined product assortment reflects our desire to have minimal impact instead of maximum profits.
We are also committed to giving back. Some of our philanthropy partners include:
- 10% of proceeds from the sale of our Camp Adirondack Candle go to the Adirondack Mountain Club to help them preserve and conserve this natural treasure.
- The Christine M. Burns CARES Center, the first-of-its-kind program that helps families with chronically ill children.
- Foodlink, a Rochester institution that has fought hunger in the region for over forty years.
- National Young Farmers Coalition, an advocacy network of young farmers fighting for the future of agriculture by changing policy, building networks and providing business services to ensure all young farmers have the chance to succeed.
- NRDC, whose mission is to safeguard the Earth for people, plants, animals.
- For each new Instagram follower, we plant a tree through One Tree Planted.
- Because one third of food production worldwide is attributed to bees and other pollinators, we donated to the Pollinator Health Research Fund at Cornell College of Agriculture and Life Science, a global leader in pollinator research.
As we grow, we will continue to evolve and improve our sustainability. If you are aware of innovations, please share as we are always eager to learn more.
Additionally, we will raise awareness about agricultural issues. We are not farmers, but we have nothing but respect and admiration for them. What job could be more important than feeding us, keeping us alive? To us, this is the essence of our human family.